January 24, the residents of San Miguel celebrate the arrival of the Expats and Chili in 1937.
Stirling Dickenson led a band of Expats by carriage from Mexico City into San Miguel.
Every year the Expats of San Miguel recreate the arrival of the first Expats in San Miguel and call it Pioneer Days
The whole World Heritage Site project began after a group of Expats wanted to the world to know about Expat Pioneer Days.
The Celebrations last a whole week and end with famous Chili Cookoff.
Chili tasting begins
The bar is open.
Food vendors are open (Don Felix, Burrito Bistro, Cerveza San Miguel, Billy’s Hotdogs, El Gozo )
Silent auction and raffle booth open
It is an action packed Mexico Themed Day to celebrate the Arrival of the Expats and Chili in San Miguel
- 12:15 – 1:45 Whitney Moore and her funk band (mostly Pila Seca members) on stage
- 12:30 First rodeo ring performance
- 2:00 – 2:45 María live on stage
- 3:00 Live auction for some fun stuff, including 3 nights for up to 9 couples in a gorgeous beachfront estate in the Four Seasons village of Punta Mita, near Puerto Vallarta, including all food and beverage. House is amazing – right on the beach, with 3 pools, a full staff, 9 bedrooms, workout facilities.
- 3:30 -4:15 VUDU Chile on stage
- 3:30 Second rodeo ring performance
- 4:15(ish) Announcement of awards
- 4:30 – 5:45 VUDU Chile back on stage
- 5:00 Silent auction and raffle closed
Check out their website to see pics.
Chili tasting is FREE, as well as a full day of live music! Our 5 food vendors will have delicious, inexpensive food items. This year we will have one huge bar with all drinks (water, soft drinks, beer, mixed drinks), so that people don’t have to go searching for the tent that sells what they want. We’ll have lots of tables and chairs, and space for dancing! And, we have some really GREAT things in our auction booth – so come ready to shop!