Okay before you get your rug or your pony tail in a twist and break a piece of Mexican Folkart.. this is satire not a serious piece of work on life in Mexico or maybe it is.
All About Me
I notice that the greatest hits on the blog are About. There is a fascination with who I am. Not sure if it residents who are awaiting my return and my execution like Allende or just interest. I have been called an idiot and a fool and someone who lives in Saskatchewan. I have been told since I don’t live here I can’t comment but I persist and here are some true facts about me.
- I am Canadian and don’t live in San Miguel but Toronto. Yes I am not a resident
- I am a retired high school teacher (economics and accounting).
- I have two children and no grandchildren. Yes, my son is Christian Lander who created Stuff White People Like – who has published a book with that title. He lives in Los Angeles with his American wife (who threatens to move to Canada). My other son Aaron lives in Toronto.
- Marital status – actually widowed but had two wonderful common law relationships that followed the death of my wife in 1992. It is all an interesting story with a surprise ending.
- I have been to San Miguel six times. The first time I visited in March 2007 for 10 days. The second was January 1, 2008 for three months. The third for six weeks starting September 15, 2008. The fourth started November 13, 2008. I returned with a car January 2, 2009 for three more month. I returned again December 2010 and stayed six months. Came in February 2011 and again February 2012. I have met the mandatory residency requirement for making comments about San Miguel.
- I am a member of the Blogging Gang
- I took Level 1 and 2 and 3, Warren Hardyso I can read signs and talk to Babies
- I do enjoy San Miguel and this is simply my take on what I saw. If I didn’t like it here, why would I keep coming back.
Bottom line – this blog gives me fodder to have fun and meet so many interesting bloggers and commenters. It fills my time and supports my world view.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
If you want to contribute to the blog or find something objectionable and want it removed please email me .
If your picture is on here and you have never taken a picture of a citizen of San Miguel or been a street shooter own a camera then I will remove it. But if you have ever taken a picture of some “interesting local” to show your friends how ‘quaint and colourful’ San Miguel is then I think your picture on here is fair game.